Rl Carriers - R&L Carriers damaged freight, denied obvious claim.
We struggled to raise money to purchase a convection oven for our non-profit that utilizes a small commercial kitchen to produce meals for underprivileged and also support other non-profits.
After months of searching, we found an oven within our budget. R&L was chosen by the restaurant equipment supplier as the carrier. We did not know one carrier from the other, we were interested in the ovens.
As it turned out, R&L damaged the ovens beyond use while in transit, and then concealed the damage - purposely. We signed for the property, and called within 20 minutes of noting damage. Driver told us, "Oh well, you signed for it." Customer service was even worse on the phone. They could not care less, and made that obvious.
Claim was filed within their time frame, but claim was denied because it was received without noting damage. However, the damage was concealed purposely by their personnel. We know this because the seller sent us photos of their packaging after we started the claim process. The phone call to claims was even more insulting. They laughed on the phone when we said we would argue the decision.
Congratulations on ripping off ladies that run a soup kitchen. Wow, You must be so proud of yourselves!
Regarding the pictures, the black plastic is what was shipped, the damage you can see. One picture of the bottom oven is what it looked like before they destroyed it. Now, the doors do not close or open. The damage is more than what it worth now. Thanks for your outstanding work.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Ease of communication
- Their website
What I disliked
- Lack of empathy
- Attitude of claims personnel
- Existing reputation online
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Convection Oven
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- "Two chests shipped by UPS were destroyed in transit. UPs refuses to accept liability and bounces me to the local shipping agent, who bounces me back to UPS. UPS then..."
- "i live in indonesia , and its so far away from usa .. and the shipping cost also very very expensive if i want to send things from there to..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I recently requested a free sample of a couple of products offered by purity products, I paid $4.95 shipping. I received the products and put them aside to give to..."
- "Natoshia leitch, mandy, nikki, meghan. ..."
- "So recieved my moog lower control arms today. Went to inspect them and noticed it wasn't in a bag, a tear in the ball joint boot, missing a..."