Rl Carriers - R&L Carriers damaged freight, denied obvious claim.
We struggled to raise money to purchase a convection oven for our non-profit that utilizes a small commercial kitchen to produce meals for underprivileged and also support other non-profits.
After months of searching, we found an oven within our budget. R&L was chosen by the restaurant equipment supplier as the carrier. We did not know one carrier from the other, we were interested in the ovens.
As it turned out, R&L damaged the ovens beyond use while in transit, and then concealed the damage - purposely. We signed for the property, and called within 20 minutes of noting damage. Driver told us, "Oh well, you signed for it." Customer service was even worse on the phone. They could not care less, and made that obvious.
Claim was filed within their time frame, but claim was denied because it was received without noting damage. However, the damage was concealed purposely by their personnel. We know this because the seller sent us photos of their packaging after we started the claim process. The phone call to claims was even more insulting. They laughed on the phone when we said we would argue the decision.
Congratulations on ripping off ladies that run a soup kitchen. Wow, You must be so proud of yourselves!
Regarding the pictures, the black plastic is what was shipped, the damage you can see. One picture of the bottom oven is what it looked like before they destroyed it. Now, the doors do not close or open. The damage is more than what it worth now. Thanks for your outstanding work.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Ease of communication
- Their website
What I disliked
- Lack of empathy
- Attitude of claims personnel
- Existing reputation online
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Convection Oven
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We mailed 3 DVD disks to my friend in China. After the package got received, Fedex sent us an invoice saying that we owe them $44286.10. We called the invoice..."
- "ang cartoonnko sira at mga damage ang sa loob at my nawawala ..."
- " The Manager, LBC Express Inc. at sa mga Kinauukulan, Ako po si Ricardo A. Del Rosario na wastong edad na nakatira sa Angono Rizal ay sumulat sa inyong tanggapan..."
- "i purchased a sweat shirt online from TEECHIP.comin early jan 2016. the lettering on the shirt was not complete and of poor quality. i contacted them and have not heard..."
- "As my husband was going down our back steps, he was balancing himself with the cane and the handle snapped completely off, causing him to lose his balance at the..."
- "So recieved my moog lower control arms today. Went to inspect them and noticed it wasn't in a bag, a tear in the ball joint boot, missing a..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."