Rl Carriers - R&L Carriers damaged freight, denied obvious claim.
We struggled to raise money to purchase a convection oven for our non-profit that utilizes a small commercial kitchen to produce meals for underprivileged and also support other non-profits.
After months of searching, we found an oven within our budget. R&L was chosen by the restaurant equipment supplier as the carrier. We did not know one carrier from the other, we were interested in the ovens.
As it turned out, R&L damaged the ovens beyond use while in transit, and then concealed the damage - purposely. We signed for the property, and called within 20 minutes of noting damage. Driver told us, "Oh well, you signed for it." Customer service was even worse on the phone. They could not care less, and made that obvious.
Claim was filed within their time frame, but claim was denied because it was received without noting damage. However, the damage was concealed purposely by their personnel. We know this because the seller sent us photos of their packaging after we started the claim process. The phone call to claims was even more insulting. They laughed on the phone when we said we would argue the decision.
Congratulations on ripping off ladies that run a soup kitchen. Wow, You must be so proud of yourselves!
Regarding the pictures, the black plastic is what was shipped, the damage you can see. One picture of the bottom oven is what it looked like before they destroyed it. Now, the doors do not close or open. The damage is more than what it worth now. Thanks for your outstanding work.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Ease of communication
- Their website
What I disliked
- Lack of empathy
- Attitude of claims personnel
- Existing reputation online
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Convection Oven
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Aramex cheated on prices about their services, did'n give me full information about custom's fees. To get my parcel I had to pay 4 times more then what they announced..."
- "My first and hopefully very last experience with USPS. Seeing the object of desire on Ebay with the so simple, cheap looking shipping rate over to Europe, a buy now..."
- "I had sold an item and had Central Transport for the carrier to ship from Missouri to Florida. My product was securely strapped to the pallet and wrapped. ..."
- "i purchased a sweat shirt online from TEECHIP.comin early jan 2016. the lettering on the shirt was not complete and of poor quality. i contacted them and have not heard..."
- "Natoshia leitch, mandy, nikki, meghan. ..."
- "Purchased an air mattress - labeled online and on their shelves as $45.99. As I put it in the car, I noted they had charged me $75 (?) not..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."